Programs to Support Inclusive Growth
We Build Green Cities offers investment and financial resources for those seeking to locate in Portland and be more sustainable. Check out our list of RESOURCES for regular or reoccurring programs. For help navigating the resources, contact the Green Cities Liaison and sign up for our newsletter on the bottom of this page to be alerted to new resources and opportunities.
We Provide Green Business Development Solutions
Prosper Portland Support
As part of the We Build Green Cities initiative, Prosper Portland creates programs, maximizes partnerships and establishes effective networking platforms to help businesses increase sales, invest locally and increase employment. Prosper Portland’s specific support includes
- Targeted trade show assistance
- Business finance and grant programs for City of Portland businesses
- Partner referrals and cluster connections
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) assistance via Portland Means Progress and Inspiring Diversity Grant
- Recruitment and site location assistance for Portland firms
- Foreign direct investment and export assistance
Prosper Portland supports four industry sectors, including Green Cities. Read more in the Cluster Action Plans Executive Summary below.
Greater Portland Inc Support
Greater Portland Inc (GPI) provides support and services to companies seeking to relocate or expand in Greater Portland, a region that spans two states and seven counties. A true public-private partnership model, GPI is supported by more than 70 public-sector partners and private investors who are committed to advancing regional economic development through job growth and investment. GPI and our partners are shaping the region’s economic future and marketing Greater Portland to the world. GPI’s services include:
- Marketing the Greater Portland region as a great place to do business. View GPI’s most recent regional marketing flyer here.
- Regional site selection assistance
- Data support for site selectors including operational cost comparisons between markets and regional labor market data
- Connections to key regional partners
We Build Green Cities collaborates with key partners to build inclusive job growth and to advance Portland’s economic development objectives: